Sunday, March 1, 2009

Am I allowed to discuss Violins here?

I'm re doing the downstairs Bathroom. The people that built this place Wall Papered directly on to raw drywall. No primer, no Sizing.....

That was mean! The Wall Paper backing stayed on the wall. It's litterally an inch by inch process. It takes me about a half hour to do 1 ft. sq.......

I bump into the Builder every once in a while...... He always asks about the house....

There may be some Violins the next time I see him.

Tuesday I'm getting 2 new Garage doors and Wed-Friday I'm getting 2 new roofs and Aluminum soffits and Facia. Oh did I mention all my windows are shot?

This house is so much more of a "Money Pit" than our old house.......

The good news is that you can get all this stuff for half of what it would cost last year. It's my little way of stimulating the economy.

I just wish I felt a little more stimulated????????????

5 comments:

Judy said...

We stripped a LOT, no really a LOT of wall paper in our day and will have to do a LOT in this house, I am praying that this is done properly. Mark's parent's house in Wales was a JOKE. We wound up, becasuse the walls were so bad in the kitchen, drywalling over one of them!

And as for a money pit, I think we live in the Grandmaster Money pit! LOL! Our roof was $24,000.00~grantd the insurance company paid for it.....

Ann said...

I definitely vote for re-dry walling. As someone who has stripped MORE than my share of un-sized wallpaper, I think I can safely say that this will save you a whole lot of work and aggravation.

Judy said...

I have never removed wallpaper that was "correctly" installed. It's not allowed where I live, beside you can paint/stencil any design. I agree with the 3/8 dry wall over the top...ms

Judy said...

WHO can paint/stencil/faux finish, by the term 'you', I assume you meant 'me'...

JS

Judy said...

Our roof was under $20,000, I was stencil and graphic painting house wall when Judy was 10 years old. Andy's right though, any house can become a money pit. It's not the years, it's the milage and mostly how well it was built in the first place. I don't want Andy or Annies' house when it's as old ours!
ms