In Keeping with the food topic......
I've never actually made Potato Salad but I think this tip might be worthy of the Blog?
Hopefully someone will comment...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W0qIPJmoo
Also: Ice fished Okauchee today. Fishing was great! Catching sucked........... I get very Nostalgic whenever I go back there........
It's so amazing (the changes) that have occurred out there...... I'm talking about the homes that have been built. If anybody ever wants to go for a boat ride I'd be happy to try to schedule it. During the week is the best.
Back when Andy Jr. was in H.S. we stopped at the Public Launch on west side of Snipe Lake. I decided not to launch........... Probably didn't want to wreck the memories..........
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Where'd you fish on Okauchee? Been a long time since I was on that lake and I live here! Bet Gaby had fun.
I know what you mean about going back, you just can't. Went through the old neighborhood with the girls and was SHOCKED at how small it seemed~even though our house was gone...
I fished just outside of Dad's Bay halfway to Nichols Point. I was on Phantom Lake the next day with Gaby.
Did you go look at the house? I have not been down that way in forever and especially not from the lake side. Wonder if it's changed much. Mr. Hansing, how lived accross the bay, is having a very hard time with brain cancer right now. I see one of his daughters all the time.
The Bay on Okauchee looks very much the same. I think I noticed the Cottage from dad's lot was gone? went in there with my boat last fall. Couldn't get all the way in comfortably. Everybody has bigger boats now..... The big difference in the lake now is that the water is crystal clear now (Zebra Mussles) It (the water) almost seems sterile. 21 FOW I looked down my hole and could see the bottom plain as day...
I guess now I have to peel the potatoes for mashed. I usually just leave the peels on.
Is there really a centerfold of the perfesser in the cookbook? I need to go home and check my copy. On second thought..........
A long time ago??? How about 1959 we got to go ice skating on Thanksgiving, and you know Mary insisted on a couple inches of ice before letting us go.
ms
Post a Comment